Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Don't Wanna Be Anything Other Than Me...

I used to be obsessed with Gavin Degraw and then when his hit song because the theme for One Tree Hill I started to be annoyed by it. But the truth of it remains and it seemed only appropriate for the title of today's post.

I know I'm famous for being freakishly organized and over-committed but I have to confess that's been even worse than usual lately. If you haven't noticed my reading list for this year is growing at a snails pace because I haven't even had time to be my freakishly disciplined self about reading. Between leading a bible study, working a full-time job, volunteering with the church's sports ministry, working out every day (usually, being a homeowner (which is way more work than people think), and trying desperately to still be a good friend - I have been slammed!

It seems like every week I have to get up a little bit early and stay up a little bit later just to keep up with my day-to-day life. Whew. Can't a give get a break? Or a maid? A personal assistant maybe?

I think I've combined all possible tasks that can be be multi-tasked. I've even taken to writing things on my to do list like 'eating your freakin leftovers before they go bad' and 'if you don't clean something off your tivo your shows will stop recording'. This is a whole new level of sad, even for me.

One a bright spot, my life has been even more fun than usual lately. My house has been filled with people and baked goods on an almost daily basis (don't worry, I'm sticking with my diet). I've been trying to cook a little more, stay home a few more nights, and let the people who need to have a chat come to me. It hasn't reduced my slightly over-the-top schedule but it has at least kept me in one place a little more often?


(I baked these yummies for the 6 softball teams I've been helping out with on Friday nights)

I'm excited to get away next weekend to the Keys with Jess and just unwind. I can't wait to have the 12 hours in the car with her (6 down 6 back) to just catch up and gab about what's been going on (I have quite a few good new stories to tell). To lay in the sun and get my favorite kind of TLC - the kind that makes you tan. Maybe eat some good Keys-ish food and get a few pretty pictures. 10 days til we depart!

The best is when you find friends you can hangout with and get things done at the same time. My friend Lindsay is a great example. We've run together the last 2 Thursday nights so now only have I gotten my workout in, with company, but we've gotten to spend some quality time together as well. Poor girl really has to hold herself back to run my pace, but she's kind not to make me feel bad about being THE slowest runner on Bayshore.

Still trying to find healthy balances and create more space to just be - but no complaints about life, it sure is good right now.

Love,
B

4 comments:

Heather said...

It's great that you have a running buddy! It's good to have someone to keep you accountable.

M said...

One Tree Hill did ruin that song a little bit but his album Free that came out in 2009 is amazing!

Neely said...

I love OTH and Gavin but I hate that song haha

Kenj said...

I how I love Gavin Degraw. I hope you have a great trip to the keys. I can't wait to go to florida is 3 weeks!