Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Dungy Trades Football for Family"

I was frustrated to read that headline on the Examiner.com this morning because the implication that you have to choose between having a career and a family is such a sad misconception. It made me thankful though for All Pro Dad and the speed with which it has grown over the past few years because as my Dad once said "You can have it all". I know Coach Tony never replaced his family with football, so why would he have to reverse that in retirement?

Perhaps what the title failed to articulate well is that the time that once was occupied by his career will now be available for more bonding with his family...an exciting time for him I'm sure. But I still balk at the notion of trading one for the other...I think he proved throughout his career that you can be both a great Dad, and a great Coach.

The league will surely be left with a hole where he once was, but I'm more than happy to welcome him back to Tampa! : ]

B

No comments: