Friday, February 6, 2009

Beautiful.


I was watching a video this morning on youtube that a coworker of mine sent me. It was a mini sermon by John Piper challenging our new president to be bold and courageous with the power he has. I was struck while watching with a challenge I received a few years back...that you have only one chance to leave a legacy, what will yours be? I think back to that question fairly often when it seems easier to just plow on through life without causing any riffs. I hope that I never have to be president because that's a lot more pressure than I ever want to deal with...but he's not the only one who's given chances to be bold. So this morning, I'm thinking of how that's going to apply to me in my own life over the next few days, weeks, months.


Also on my mind this morning was this verse...
Isaiah 52:7 -
How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of the messenger who announces peace,
who brings good news,
who announces salvation,
who says to Zion, ‘Your God reigns.’

No comments: