Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hello America.

Well, I've been back in the states just over 48 hours now and I will openly admit - there is no place like home.  While I wouldn't trade a minute of my experience in Togo last week I will say water pressure, a real bed, fresh sheets, clean feet, and fresh food sure are treating me right.

I only have a few quick minutes this morning before I head into the office but I wanted to say a whole-hearted thank you to everyone who prayed for me while I was in Africa last week. I cannot begin to express my gratitude.  The night before leaving to return to the states 8 people on our team acquired food poisoning and after spending the night hugging the toilet and praying the for the rapture - we still had to travel 30 hours home.  I have never experienced being that sick or that exhausted (including nearly passing out cold at customs trying to cross the border) and I literally pep talked myself by reminding myself how many of you were praying for me back here in the states.  I felt every single and prayer and they gave me the strength to make it home.

It's wonderful to be home and I can't wait to share with you more of my adventures on the other side of the world.  For now, still recovering and getting back in the groove of every day life.  Trying to play catch up with close friends and the fam.  But many pictures are headed your way soon.

Love,
B


1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh wow-- glad you made it back safely!! Can't wait to hear how God used your team in Togo. :) And yes-- I remember when I came back from my mission trip that ALL I wanted was a nice, cushy bed. Lol. Welcome home! :)