Friday, July 10, 2009

Poe's Tavern.

When I travel I love to try new places.  Thankfully, so do the Sanders/Van Gemerts!  While I was in Isle of Palms this past weekend/week we ventured out to a curious place.  Poe's Tavern is named such after Edgar Allan Poe the poet, critic, and writer.  Not only did Poe's Tavern have some pretty interesting burger creations (including mine called: the black cat) but the atmosphere was really creative and entertaining.  It had a great vibe and some interesting art.  Here's a few pictures I snapped just to share...



                                                    A rock painted to be Poe's head.

This was my favorite part! The fireplace.


Poe's Tavern was located in Sullivan's Island, South Carolina.  If you're headed near there I highly recommend it for a burger and a good time.  You can also get a sweet t-shirt like the others in my group did! Or online at: http:www.poestavern.com/store.html

Love,
B

'In criticism I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe.  From this purpose nothing shall turn m,' - Edgar Allan Poe, 1809-1849

No comments: