1. A trench coat. I agree with this one! I have several. My advice would be to pick them in shades that flatter you. Kim is frequently seen in khaki colored trenches but I'd got to tell you, khaki doesn't do much for me. My top 3 are:
This teal Lauren Conrad trench. I bought it on sale at Kohl's in the spring and sported it the majority of my time in NYC in May. It was a great go-to item because even when I had to covere up my outfit, I felt put together. The color could work almost year round, and works well with my skin tone and my then-burgundy-hair.
Cobalt blue. Fun, bright, and also versatile - I love this coat!
My third trench is probably my favorite but I couldn't find a picture of myself in it. It's red. Red is probably one of my favorite colors to wear - other than kelly green it's one of the most flattering for my coloring and it just has that needed umph. My red trench is by London Fog and I actually found it (no lie) at Sam's Club. It was $29 well spent (I was the same one at Nordstrom for 98).
2. A Black Blazer. Kim says 'You can dress it up or down, wear it with pants or over a dress—a black blazer works with everything.'. I agree! I do have a black blazer my halogen but I'm in the market for one a bit dressier than the one I currently have on my racks.
3. High waisted pants. Hmm, I don't have any of these. Do you? I'm not sure they would be flattering on my build.
4. A wide belt. Yes! I'm all for things that cinch the waist. I couldn't agree more on this one.
This next one may give you a giggle if you read my 'It's Ok Thursday' about style, but Kim says:
5. Leggings. See, I have to beg to differ from the queen of style on this one - I don't think everyone should wear leggings. I have/do on rare occasions with certain outfits but they're really not the best look on me and I think there's probably more people than not who fall into my catagory. Now IF I had her body - yes.
6. Super High Heels. Check. Done and done.
I don't wear heels regularly -because with my currently lifestyle, they just don't make the most sense. I'm too mobile at work for them, and right now I spend more time doing church things and fro yo dates and workout classes then I do dress up events. But I have a few great go to pairs and when the occasion arises - I (literally) rise 6 inches to the challenge.
7. Jumpsuits. Yikes. I would venture to say that in my opinion only about 10% of people should really ever try this trend. They would be awful on me. Again, IF I looked like Kim - yes. Well, actually I might just walk around in a bikini if I looked like her. But still - jumpsuits on Kardashians - yes. Jumpsuits on this girl - not so much.
What would be your 7 must haves?