Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Hitch.

My sisters and I use to mock my mother mercilessly for using the term 'a hitch in my gitty-up'.  Lord knows we love her and her southern roots but..what?  We would laugh and laugh while she tried to explain that, that is a real term that people use where she comes from and what it means.  Truthfully, we knew what it meant we just thought it was a ridiculous deb-ism anyway.

But I find this week that I'm thankful for the occasional hitch in my gitty-up, but I'm going to use that term in a completely different way.  What I love about relationships is how they teach you, change you, grow you, and in my case - slow you down.  

I am a relentlessly self-motivated freak.  On a typical day I'm up early enough to do a house cleaning chore, workout, read my bible, pack a lunch, and get to work on time.  I use my lunch break to run errands.  I keep a detailed to do list that includes my work load for work, home, and anything else.  And currently I have one night per week I'm actually at home.  I am an insane, OCD robot.  This much you probably already knew.

But I find that the Lord puts the perfect people in my life to slow me down.  I am surrounded by people who are far more sane than I am (thank goodness, can you imagine a workplace or a friend circle full of freaks like me?).  And I'm so grateful for the laid-back  loving way these people slow me down and help me appreciate the day-to-day.

I'm thankful for the amazing people who throw a hitch in my giddy up when I need it the most.

Love,
B

3 comments:

Lydia - Running Wild(er) said...

I need some of your OCD Robot insanity....oh to be able to get up in the morning BEFORE work and get a chore done...or have time to read my Bible and eat breakfast! I need to work on that!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, this is so sweet! I am gonna start using that saying now - a hitch in my gitty-up :)

Elle Sees said...

what a wonderful approach and way of thinking!