Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Acheive.

Acheive could be called the theme of my 2010. I really went after it hard last year and I acheived some huge goals. I shared those victories via facebook last week and was met with much encouragement from those who have really supported me through an exciting year. I value the importance of celebrating along your journeys. Even small victories deserve their due attention. Don't be afraid to celebrate your accomplishments - it inspires you to keep going.

So when I think about acheiving in 2011 - I guess I feel like I already answered this a few days ago with my goals for 2011. But those aren't the only things I want to acheive this year so here's a few more thoughts...

Prayer. I want to submit everything to God through prayer. My Mom presented a great idea of what this could look like for all the Christensen women this yaer and I'm taking the challenge. What I've also decided is that from time to time, I'm going to post a written prayer here, on the blog. Gasp, I know. Sharing my prayer life PUBLICALLY. But I find there's much value in writing out your prayers - and I hope that it will reveal to you all what the Lord has laid on my heart. So expect that some of that will be present in 2011.

Investing in key relationships. This is big. I'm a firm believer that the people you surround yourself with have a profound impact on who you become. Surrounding yourself with and putting effort into relationships with people who push you towards the things that you value is crutial to your success in life. This year I was to focus in on the people I really see being those key people in my life.

Volunteering. I really want to spend more time this year volunteering. I signed up to work a great event with the Shriners Hospitals for Children in February so I'll look forward to sharing about that in the future.

Quiet time - I want to spend more time alone with the Lord this year.

I'll be adding things along the way I'm sure but those are some key focuses as I think about acheiving in 2011.

Love,
B

Note: For me, this is ending my reverbs for the 2010. I hope you've enjoyed them. I've certainly appreciated the prompts to get me writing and sharing.

No comments: