Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Goals by Month.

January - Jog my first 5k. I'm registered to run on January 15th in St. Pete Beach. I really recognize more than ever what a gift it is to have a functioning, healthy body. I'm committed to using it!
- I will also finish Reverb 10 as suggested my one of my friends and readers, Mindy, in the month of January.

February - in February I will take Paige's suggestion and do a fast. I will plan to do a 21 day long Daniel Fast - which means giving up meat, bread, caffeine (sob) and sweets. I believe that fasting should always be with a purpose. Mine will be as a sacrifice and to pray for direction on the next few years of my life. As I've worked towards creating a '5 year plan' I continue to pursue the Lord's will for my life. I hope this fast will open my eyes further to what that will might be.

March - Thank you to Lisa for March's challenge - I will be going Gluten-free for a month! This totally and completely freaks me out by the way. Especially following 3 weeks of fasting. My food life is going to be challenging in the Spring. But I bought the book, I'm going to read up over my break (Christmas) and I'm going to go for it in March.

April - An Anon commenter suggested that I take a picture of myself and post it everyday for a month (actually I think they meant a year but the request was for 1 month challenges, so I'm changing that a little)! This should be interesting. I hope it does as you say, spark creativity! I hope you all don't get sick of looking at me. : ] You asked for it - you're getting my mug (or something) every day for a month in April.

May, June, & July - Read through the bible in 90 Days! This suggestion came from Elisa, thank you. I hope I'm up to the challenge. I found out I can get it on my Kindle (so it can travel with me through the summer), so I plan to read the e-bible in 90 days.

- Note: I'm also hoping to reach my ideal goal weight in June or July of this year. : ] I'll let you know as that gets closer if I think I'm going to make it.

August - In August I'm going to volunteer 4 times (the equivalent of once per week). I think this will give me the chance to get my hands dirty in several activities and will make August a month to focus on giving of myself.

September - my birthday month! In the month of september I'm going to go somewhere I've never been before. But I won't be revealing where at this time. I'm going to decide between now and then. Stay tuned.

October - Thanks to Courtney and Meghan I've decided October's goal will have to do with cooking. In the month of October I will try one new recipe per week and actually cook something - healthy! I've got the Biggest Loser book so perhaps I'll cook from that. I will share with you here my experiences, of course, and the recipes (if I like them).

November - Complete the 'Write Brain' book my sister and bro-in-law gave me to prepare my for writing my first book. There are over 360 activities but I'd like to finish 200 activities by November (I figure I won't actually want to do EVERY activity).

December - Complete my second year-long book list. My goal for this year is 24 books. That's 2 per month. I'm scaling back my reading goal because I hope that 2011 will be more focused on writing than reading.

I hope that 2011 will be full of new adventures and chances to grow as a person. This list is only scratching the service of all the things that I want to accomplish this year - but it's a great start with some bold choices. Thank you to all the ladies who made suggestions - I feel really inspired.

Love,
B

No comments: