Tuesday, January 25, 2011

East-West Shrine Game 2011.

Saturday I drove up to Orlando bright an early with a quick stop at Orlando's coolest McDonald's for a diet coke...

I texted that picture to Ellen and Candy Saturday morning to let them know Orlando McD's are nothing like Scott County - although I have to say the Scott County McD is hoppin on Saturday mornings and this one was falling behind despite it's size.

I headed to the home of the Citrus Bowl to work a pregame tailgate at the East-West Shrine game. For all my non-football fans this is bascially the college version of the Pro Bowl. The best college players from all the various teams come together and combine on two teams (the east and west) and play each other.

Shriners Hospitals for Children are teamed up with All Pro Dad and so my coworkers Jim & Brenda as well as myself went to work an All Pro Dad table at the tailgate. It was a smidge chilly (50 degrees) and we were bundled up in our multi-layers and winter coats but a good time was had by all.

The highlight of the day though, has to be Gus the camel, who belongs to the Orlando Shrine...

The Shriners who were present with Gus made sure I got plenty of Gus kisses throughout the day and they took enough pictures of me to fill an album. Let's hope I don't end up on the Shrine website kissing the camel. : ] But really, Gus was a sweetie and I learned quite a lot about camels in my time there.

I proudly sported my 'I've been kissed by Gus' sticker for the rest of the day.

What a way to spend a Saturday - kissin camels.

Love,
B

No comments: