Monday, November 9, 2009

Highlights.




This weekend was incredible. Exhausting (I'm feeling it now), but incredible. After being absent from my blog for a week or so, I wanted to take the time to share a few highlights from this wonderful weekend with you.


I flew to Indiapolis, Indiana Friday morning. My first of 5 trips between now at the end of 2009. As some of you know this is home to my wonderful parents and my team, the Indianapolis Colts. I flew in with our All Pro Dad team, arriving just after lunch time Friday. We drove straight to the Colts practice facility to begin preparations for the following day's festivities.


I haven't been in my current position long but it probably goes without saying the Colts event has a special place in my heart. This years spokesmen including Coach Jim Caldwell, Coach Clyde Christensen (Daddy dearest), Pierre Garcon, and Eric Foster. Our event registration was 1800 Dad's and Kids to join us for this years 'Colts Father & Kid's Experience'.


Anyway, lets get to the point. 2009 Colts FKE Weekend Highlights:


- My family getting to spend time over dinner with my Family First coworkers. Aaamazing. We did dinner at Bravo Friday night and my parents had a blast getting to know the team. Now they are in total agreement that I have wonderful coworkers here.

- 3 of my best friends (Candy, Meredith, & Kate) drove hours each to be a part of my event Saturday, as volunteers. I truly have the best friends a girl could ask for.

- My buddies from my days working at Ford (in college) came out to the event with their families. It was great to see Tabler, Bill, and of course sweet Kristen!

- Another amazing dinner out @ my favorite Indy restraunt (Stone Creek Grill) with my best friends and my parents. What a fun night!

- Candy, Mer, Mom, and I had a blast at the Colts v. Houston game Sunday - cheering Dad and the boys to a victory. This win makes our team 8-0. What a great season this has been!


And I will close this with a funny. My Dad and I managed to introduce ourselves to 2 complete strangers who were innocently walking into Bravo Friday night, thinking they were with our group. Oops! I got totally snubbed. Sorry Bravo, I think we overwelmed your guests.



Love,

B

No comments: