Saturday, February 27, 2010

Book Six: The 10th Circle


I wasn't feeling well leaving dinner with a friend last night, so I came home and spent the remainder of my Friday night in a bubble bath or in bed finishing up my 6th book of 2010.  Jodi Picoult as some of you may know is my absolute favorite author.  She never disappoints me, I've enjoyed every book I've read of hers.  Although, I guess I should admit I never finished the Pact.  I've still got 2 books of hers left to read and I'm hoping my Mom will buy me the newest one for my birthday this year.  She usually buys me the Jodi's as they come out.

The 10th Circle showed the love of a parent for a child and the struggle to help your child through unavoidable hurts.  It highlights the heartbreak of a child after their first love ends.  The story is full of twists, turns, lies, secrets, and heartbreak.  I warn you of the dark nature of any book written about the victim of sexual assault.  But as you would expect from a writer who received her training at Princeton and Harvard. Now, if only she'd show some of the Christian Fiction writers I'd read a thing for two.

If you're interested in checking out Jodi's work the are the one's I'd recommend:

- 19 Minutes
- Handle with Care
- My Sister's Keeper 

Coming in March, is House Rules.

Love,
B


1 comment:

MK said...

this was actually the first Jodi Picoult book that I had read and it got me totally hooked on her! Sidenote...the lifetime movies...are awful! Terrible adaptations! love the book reviews! xoxo happy weekend!