Monday, May 17, 2010

Colts Trip.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

*Pics of Dad being interviewed at our event - borrowed from @edeckers twitter.

This weekend was our Colts FKE (Father/Kid's Experience) in Indianapolis, Indiana. For obvious reason this is my favorite event (done twice yearly) because I get to see my family while I'm there and the Colts are my team. But bias aside it was a great event! We packed the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center with Dads (some Mom's) and kids including a few families I know and love from my old job at Raisor Ford and my bffs who came to volunteer for the evening. It's always neat to get to work with my Dad and Coach Jim and this year the team was even able to steal Dad away from the office for lunch with our All Pro Dad team. That's really what All Pro Dad is all about...my Dad has a busy, intense job but he takes time out to spend time with me and build relationships with my coworkers when I'm there. It's so special to me.

It was our first night event in Indy (6-9) and though it made for a pretty intensely long work day, I loved the evening time slot. After we finished up about 10pm with all our packing I headed to one of my favorite Indy hangouts, the Fox with good friends Candy, Josh, Ashley, Jon, Ashley, and Gabe to catch up while I was in town. Man did it feel good to sit on my rump after 12 hours of running around like a chicken with my head cut off! The night was a great reminder of how fortunate I am to have such great friends here in Tampa and back there in Indiana. Between the Colts and my friends, looks like Indiana will have a piece of my heart long after Dad retires.

Saturday I got to spend the entire day with my family. Mom and I hit the gym in the morning. Then we met up with Ruthie for lunch and a shopping trip to the great Marshall's in Carmel. Ruth had to babysit that night but Dad treated Mom and I to a nice dinner out and then the 3 of us watching 'the Edge of Darkness' with Mel Gibson - whew, was that intense.

Wrapped up the trip/weekend with church as a family and then it was back on a plane home with me.

Thanks for a great weekend Indy - 3 weeks til I head to Pittsburgh!

Love,
B

1 comment:

tara said...

awww.. glad you got to spend some time with your family!