Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day and Then Some.


Happy Mothers Day to all the current and future Mommies of blogland. Several of my friends recently found out their pregs so mother's day is about to have a whole new vibe in my circle of friends. Since my Mom doesn't read my blog (or understand me putting so much of my personal biz out there for the world) I'm going to move on but I wanted to say Happy Mom Day first.

Sadly, I couldn't spend the day with my Momma but I did get to spend it with my Tampa fam. Nancy, Blaire, and I watched Brynnie dance at a competition down my direction, at Jefferson High School. We also ate a delish lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe. And it was a perfect Sunday. Love getting to spend time with them. Although I will say, being back at dance competition was a blast from the past. All those years of my sisters and I in leotards with too much makeup...ah, good times.

After getting two really sweet compliments from strangers today, I've determined I don't take enough time to tell people when I notice things about them. How often do I think a stranger is pretty, or has a great smile, or I overhear a laugh that brightens my day? But so often I keep moving without taking the time to point it out to them. When 2 people did that for me, I realized the opportunity I have to make other people feel good about themselves. I'm going to do better about that. Hold me to it.

So I was watching old episodes of One Tree Hill (apparently last week while sick and delusional I set my DVR to record a marathon). When I started feeling sick again today, I started watching them (I'm not sure if this improved my health of had the reverse affect). But as I was watching I couldn't help but think about high school.

Do you all ever think about it? Who you were back then? I was wondering to myself what high school Becca and current day Becca would have to say to each other if they were to meet. Most people who knew me in high school would describe me as my current friends would. But the last 10 years (oh my, it's been 10 years since my freshman year of high school) have been good to me in so many ways. I wouldn't go back to high school for a million dollars and I wouldn't trade the journey along the way...

Think about how much we've grown and accomplished since then. I joked today that I feel old and was met with a the surprising response, 'you've practically accomplished all your goals at 24, of course you feel old'. I had to stop and think about that for a moment. Here I am with a job I love, a home that's feeling a lil more like mine every day, friends, family, a great church. I don't really believe in that whole 'I am arrived' moment but I will say that life for me right now, is pretty sweet.

I've learned more about who I am in the last 2 years then in the other 22 combined. And finally, I like who I'm becoming. I'm working towards being a woman I can be proud of. It's been a long journey with some rocky detours but I think I'm on the right path.

Thanks for being here along the way.

Love,
B

No comments: