Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day Three.

First off I want to say that this exercise in gracefulness has really been good for me. I've been in the best mood the past two days! I won't keep blogging it every day after this week but I may write them out on my own in the weeks following these posts. And so my 5 for today...

1. I'm thankful that the Lord's mercies are new every single morning. Clean slates sure are a relief.

2. I'm grateful for encouraging friends. One of my friends who works close to me came with me to my house for lunch yesterday. I had some leftovers and I offered to feed him randomly if he'd meet me at my place. I hadn't planned it out but as I was feeling a little self conscious about my lack of prep he said, 'you know Becca you do a great job of keeping up your house. It always looks nice' he also said the lunch was 'incredible'... Of course he'll be invited back. ;) But really,it built me up.

3. I'm thankful for technology. God bless it because in a given day I can get emails from my best friends, videos of my niece, texts from my family, and FaceTime with my favorites far away. It is good to live in the age of the iPhone, is it not?

4. I'm grateful to have a pool because the good Lord knows this heat'll kill ya.

5. I am wow'd and humbled by a generous twitter follower who told me yesterday she'd like to pitch in towards my missions trip.

The event chaos has begun for the year and footballs in full swing but I'm amazed by how encouraged and peaceful I feel this week.

Love,
B

2 comments:

Amber said...

I really love this idea. I need to start taking time to list my blessings. I will now that we're doing sweet and suck! ;)
I agree that encouraging friends are the best!

Katie said...

This is a great idea-- and you're lucky to have a pool to beat this heat!