Monday, January 30, 2012

Book Swap Loot.



Note: A special thank you to Heather and Katie for hosting this book swap and for giving me the best partner on the list!


I'm thrilled that this book swap made me partners with Darby, and you should totally be following her blog if you aren't already. I am really enjoying reading it myself, and I love interacting with her. We had a great chit chat about books, after which she sent me this one:



I received it Monday night the 23rd of January, and I HAD to finish my current read (Serendipity) so I could begin Orange is the New Black the next morning. Immediately after hearing Darby's taste in books and her suggestion of what she wanted to send me, I knew I was going to enjoy it. It sounded a little like a book version of one of my favorite movies, Broke Down Palace. Except, in this case, the girl actually did the crime.

I was drawn in from the beginning by Piper's way of weaving an intricate story, while leaving out the 'fluff'. It's open, it's honest, and she never plays the victim. Now halfway through I find her character likeable and her view of how punishment in our country works to be fascinating. I am loving this book for it's unique subject matter and way of exposing the insides of prisons in the United States.


Love,

B

7 comments:

Darby Hawley said...

yay!!!! this makes me so happy that you're loving it!

Lauren said...

Ohh that looks really good!!! :-)

Neely said...

Looks like a good read!

Heather said...

I am so glad that y'all hit it off so well! I can't wait to hear what you think of this book when you're done.

Unknown said...

I like the sounds of this one! Great title.

Call it Adventure said...

That sounds so interesting! I might just have to look into it! Cute blog, by the way!

Unknown said...

What a fun idea :)