Monday, September 10, 2012

And then Fall Happened.

I feel like summer was supposed to be slow and relaxing for me and all of the sudden, fall is here.  I'm afraid that by the time I put out my fall scented candles and start my baking the fall will have happened!  I've promised myself I will try to be organized enough going into this fall to not let anything slip through the cracks and still manage to enjoy my favorite time of year - football season.

I began my Christmas shopping last week.  Yes, you read that right - Christmas shopping.  On my way home from KC I started making a list of Christmas present ideas and in a flash of brilliance I already bought Eric's last week (exactly 2 days after we finally finished buying each others birthday gifts for our matching Virgo birthdays).  I am on it people.  Christmas will not catch me off guard.

Actually the main reason for this is budgeting.  I'm getting back into a my budgeting skinny jeans and it's been an adjustment after a budgetary 'fat month' in August.  So, that being said I'm trying to peck away at my Christmas list in advance so that I won't be borrowing from other categories come November. Anyone else relating to this right now?

I'm having a big debate about Christmas cards this year but I'm leaning towards taking a year off.  We shall see.

I've booked my Thanksgiving flights (into Indy and out of Louisville) so that I can see both my families...you know my biological one and my bestie one.  And I've started my Christmas shopping, determined my neighbor gifts, and I bought my first fall scented candle.  So now I guess I guess the only thing left to do it finish my fall cleaning (you know, like spring cleaning but in the fall) and get myself a pumpkin flavored something or other.

How are you welcoming fall this year?

Love,
B

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I need to start Christmas shopping also! I love Christmas :)

Unknown said...

You're ALWAYS on the go! Haha, I love it.

Congrats on already starting your Christmas shopping - I need to jump on that bandwagon.

And yesterday I officially plugged in my apple spice warmer/air freshner thingys and am ready to take on Fall! It is by far my favorite season!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that fall is here! I've bought an EXCESSIVE amount of fall scented wallflowers from Bath and Body works and I'v been obsessively pinning recipes that involve pumpkin.

I'm impressed that you've started your Christmas shopping already. You're so organized!