Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Beach Retreat Weekend Recap.

This weekend was perfect.  Literally perfect. I wish I could relive it for the next 234929 weekends in a row.

I snagged my best friend from the airport late Wednesday night.  Thursday we had a Pinterest breakfast at home, went shopping at Nordstrom Rack (our absolute favorite store), and then headed out to Sand Key (just beyond Clearwater Beach) for a retreat with the women from my church. 450 women attended!  It was truly an amazing experience for Candy and I - full of friends (old and new), scripture, worship, downtime, reading, and of course the beach!


 (enjoying the beach on our first day at the Sheraton Sand Key)


 (Reading on our balcony)


 (lunching at the Columbia on the water with Patricia and Toni.  Amazing food, unbelievable view, and three of my favorite women!)


 (Me and Kristin - our women's ministry leader!  Love her)


(Candy and I on our last night of the retreat - pretty much the only time I ditched my baseball cap and comfy clothes all weekend and looked human)

It was hard to say goodbye to the weekend and most of all to Candy as I dropped her at the airport Saturday morning.  But the pain was eased by a fun Saturday block party with my neighbors.  They are truly amazing and we had the best time!


 (prepping my munchies for the cooking part of the day - I also provided homemade ice cream for dessert later)


(the boys were amazing on the smoker/grill - wings, ribs, steaks, kabobs)




We literally cooked and ate ALL DAY in honor of all the September birthdays on our block (which is pretty much all of us).  It was perfect. I had the best time and I truly, truly love my neighbors.


Sunday was of course about church, football, food, and friends - what else would Sundays ever include?


I went to Beefs with friends for lunch and the 1:00 games before heading home to have two of my friends (one old, one new) over for dinner at my place where I got to use my new place mats AND the ice cream bowls I got from my neighbors for their birthdays!

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday weekend.  I had the best time. I'm not plotting how fast I can save up to see my bestie again.

Love,
B


2 comments:

Amber said...

All of that food is making me hungry, yum!

What Pinterest breakfast did you guys make?

Kiley said...

I'm with amber...now I'm hungry!!!!!!!
So glad you had a great weekend lovely. <3