Monday, March 8, 2010

The Party Planner Diary - Decorating.


If your venue (or home in my case) is already decorated, there's no need to go over the top with additional decor. My place has quite a bit of character as is, with black furniture, red, and zebra accents. As a result I chose to keep the decor simple. I lit my bar with tea light candles in red holders (from Pier One), borrowed candle holders and vases from a friend, and filled 2 vases with red roses and white carnations.

I found great party platters for the food at Home Goods in Lutz,
FL at reasonable prices. I also found a table runner (pictured below) on sale for $5. I kept my theme the same as my house and my invites - red, black, and white. You could certainly run with any number of theme ideas. Since last night was an 'Oscars' party, I could have gone movie themed with balloon bouquets (Party City has excellent ones) popcorn boxes for goodies, and a 'real' red carpet.

For a party about beauty products and VIPs, full of 10 of my favorite girls - I kept things glamourous and maybe a little 'matchy tatchy' as my mom says of people who get carried away with everything matching. But it fit my crowd, my place, and me.

Here are some pictures, a teaser of what is to come as I review last nights events!

Love,
B



Here you can see the bar with candles set out. I should have gotten pictures before the place filled up. Oh well. You get the idea.


Auburn reminded me that a fresh market by the spa we go to, sells a dozen roses for $6.99! I bought 2 dozen roses and a bouquet of carnations and made my own arrangement. : ]


Vase is borrowed from Aubs, who was sweet enough to lend me several great red pieces. The candle holders I found for, get this, 9.99 each at the South Tampa Marshalls. Score. This is also my $5.00 table runner. Love it.


No comments: