Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fight.

My best friend has been working for the American Cancer Society in Louisville, KY for the last couple of months preparing for their walk, which will take place this Sunday. I'm so proud of all her hard work and for her dedication to see the cure for breast cancer found. I love her passion for the cause and her desire to do more than just throw a few bucks their way - she's gotten in there and lead tons of teams who have raised alot of money AND created an awareness in the community.

I desperately wanted to join her for the walk this week but with plans already in place and not enough money in the budget for a last minute trip up there - I will be doing my own walk here in Tampa sporting the above t-shirt. It's not the same, but hey, I do what I can. I realize that we are in an absolute battle against breast cancer, with one in eight women having it in their lifetime. I really desire to see us beat this, find the cure, and eliminate this before the next generation suffers as our already is.

If you want to join my Mom and I in supporting Candy on her walk you can visit her page here: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?team_id=1008494&fr_id=36122&pg=team

What are you all doing in October to participate in Breast Cancer Awareness month?

Love,
B

No comments: