Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hello, I live here.

Do you ever go through these weird phases where you have this kind of sad feeling like 'I want my life to be like this forever, but I know it can't'? I know, I know I'm a crazy but seriously, even though every year keeps getting better I've been feeling this since of 'but I like the way things are right now'.

I'm fast approaching the 2nd anniversary of owning my condo. 2 years! Where have they gone?! These have been without a doubt the best 2 years of my life and I wouldn't trade a single second of them. I think I'm starting to realize that no one gets to stay in one place forever (I don't necessarily mean physically) - I have to keep moving, keep dreaming, and allow myself to be content but not too comfortable. I am NOT the kind of person who can just stop pushing myself.

Change has always scared me. My whole childhood was this shifting, changing, unsettling mixture of loving, leaving, moving, and packing. I swore my adult life would not be the same. But as I feel torn between places and people and dreaming and well, just hanging out in happy land - I have to say I feel weirdly sentimental about everything.

I'm enjoying this season of life but I'm praying that the Lord will keep leading me forward. I don't know what all that will include but I have the sense that something is coming. Something good. Something big.

Since we're clearly in the honesty box today - can I just say I really hope it's that book I've been meaning to write for the last 3 years?! Come on writing inspiration, I'm ready!

Love,
B

1 comment: