Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Recap.

This was a truly great weekend. I won't bore you with all the nitty gritty details I'll just give you the highlights.

Friday I got to have a wonderful lunch with my sweet friend Toni, who I've been exchanging letters with but haven't seen in far too long. We go to the same church but on different days and we live on opposite sides of town, etc. So we met for lunch Friday and it was delightful. She is so fun and I just loved the face time with her after weeks of wonderful letters. Not to mention the food, at Wrights, is delish as well. Hoping for many more lunch dates to come!



Flash forward to Saturday night and I hit up the lightning game with my friend Jessica and her fiancee Mike. I was delighted to be invited and actually be free to go, this time.

We started off by enjoy the new Party Deck:




I love the view of downtown in the background. And of course the lightning that's coming out of my head in this particular photo.


I probably would have gotten into hockey a lot sooner if someone had told me how good the food at those games is! Whew! Off the hook. We were in the club area so there was literally a giant hallway of stations of food. You name it, they had it. Including a pretty amazing dessert bar. Good for my soul, bad for my waistband.

View from our seats.


Jessica & I.



With the rink, of course.



I haven't been to a lightning game literally since high school so I had a blast and I love Jessica and Mike. Ever since we met on a plane last year, we've been fast friends.


Sunday I attended the first birthday party of a precious little girl I babysit for. I love her and it meant so much to me to be included in the family birthday. I wish I thought to get a picture with her.


Sunday night my roommate, Bekah, and I had a few friends over for food, fellowship, and of course football. The highlight of the night may have been our new neighbor saying, 'you girls know way more about football than I do'. Fact.


Yours truly made 50 hotdogs on the grill, as promised! I may have been a little freakishly proud of them and wanted my picture taken with the finished product.

I was a bad party photog and missed some of the guests but I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all (pictured and not):








Hope you all had wonderful weekends as well. I can't wait to read about them!




Love,


B

4 comments:

Kari said...

Glad you had such an awesome weekend. I'm a Tampa girl too, and when you mention Wright's, the Lightning and football in the same post, I have to say Amen! Love it.

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend! I'd be proud if I'd grilled, too! And hockey games are SO much fun!

Meghan said...

SUCH a fun weekend! I love me some hockey - especially the fights! Ha!

Amber said...

Hockey is so much fun! I'm so proud of you being the grillmaster that you are :)