Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Surfacing.

I love when a good book sucks me but I have to say after 24 hour with my nose in a book - it felt good to resurface today. I love a book you can't put down and I'll share on Friday during Book Club Friday just what book had me reading at stoplights and on the treadmill so I could try'n function in society while absorbing every word as fast as my eyes could move.

November and December are crazy months but to of my favorites to be certain. Holidays, family, shopping, baking, still football season. What's not to love?

Coming up for me:

- Our work banquet which will include hearing Nicole C Mullins sing live (yay!) and Dr. Ben Carson as our speaker. After seeing the movie about his life, gifted hands, I have to say I'm giddy with excitement to hear what she shares.
- A batchelorette party
- A wedding
- A post-elopement wedding reception (not for the wedding I just mentioned)
- A trip to North Carolina
- A trip to Indianapolis
- A couple days in the 'burg with my bestie
- Christmas parties for work and friends
- Birthday parties/dinners/festivities
- Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years

Ee can I just prance around for 2 months in fabulous dresses and heels please?

One month to the day after the end of our event season for work ( I work in event - in case you missed that) it feels good to be down almost 10 pounds, back in the gym 4 days a week, AND back in my reading groove, having demolished 3 books in the last week. Ah, I'm back.

Love,
B

3 comments:

Café Moka said...

Wow, you are busy girl!!!

Heather said...

Can't wait to read your review! And I'm so glad you liked it as much as me. :)

Jennifer B said...

Oooo, I NEED to see what book you are talking about! I'm finally (after the rest of the world, I think) reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I cannot put it down!