Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving.

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.



-G.B. Stern


I've been enjoying reading blog posts about all that people are thankful for this year. In light of war, famine, natural disasters, and a recession/depression; I'm encouraged to see that Americans seem to be more in the Thanksgiving spirit this year than ever before. This has been a tough year for our country but we still have so much to be thankful for.


I should probably have the longest list of all. This year has blown me away. I am so blessed. I could go on and on forever but to keep this short and sweet I'll give you my Top Ten.


Becca's Top Ten - Things I'm most Thankful for this Year


1. Faith. I think in the midst of this crazy year I'm more thankful than ever for my faith. For the gift of knowing that my life has a bigger purpose than just surviving this earth. That I have a God to go too in any and every circumstance.


2. Family. I have an incredible family and I write about them often. I'm thankful that my family loves the Lord. I'm thankful that I still have all four of my grandparents in my life and for the wisdom I get to soak up during my time with them. What a precious blessing they are to me.


3. My home. I've shared previously that as a kid who grew up in over 20 different houses before leaving for college, I've always had the desire for a home. I have that now, and man does it feel good. The batch pad has grown with me over the past almost 2 years (in December). I'm thankful for another successful year as a homeowner. It keeps getting better and better.


4. Provision. I've experienced the Lord's provision in miraculous ways this year. He has met every need and I feel him changing the desires of my heart to line up with his.


5. Friendship. For my long term readers you know that friendship for me over the years has been feast for famine. I'm thankful for 4 solid years of great friendships, since college. Deep, meaningful relationships that I can't imagine a day without.


6. Health. Some of you may remember my struggles with my health in 2010. I'm thankful that this year I've bounced back and found some normalcy. I feel good and I'm more thankful than ever for good days.


7. Council. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with friendship in my case. This year I've purposed to seek good, godly council in my decision making and I've seen a vast improvement in many areas as a result. I'm thankful for the wisdom people have shared with me this year, as I work towards lofty goals.


8. Tampa. Tampa is home to me. It always has been. I'm thankful for this season of life in which I get to live and work in my favorite city. I don't take a day of it for granted, because tomorrow isn't promised. I am treasuring this time.


9. Travel. I'm thankful that this year I was able to see New York City for the first time. I'm thankful I got to visit my best friend in her hometown twice (with 2 more on the books). I'm thankful I got to see my family members in several states this year. I'm thankful for frequent flier miles I gain from my work travels that allow me to travel for fun as well.


10. You. I'm thankful for this blog. For what the Lord has taught me and continues to teach me through my interactions with you and my writing. For your comments, your encouragement, and your challenges. I'm thankful for the wisdom shared on others blogs. I'm thankful for each of you that have shared in and continue to share in my life.


Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope you celebrate today and everday all the good in your lives.


Love,

B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great list!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

What a great list of blessings!! Happy Thanksgiving, friend!