Tuesday, September 22, 2009

GP #4

Magazines!  Where was I for the first 20 years of my life?  I remember my grandparents paying for me to have some magazine called 'Ranger Ricks' about wildlife but I don't remember reading that much.  However, in recent years (midway through college on) I've realized what a great resource magazines are!  I get all my best makeup, clothing, shopping, and financial tips from magazines.  Currently I receive In Style, Kiplingers personal finance, Real Simple, and Glamour (I got a free subscription).  

I know four magazines may be a bit excessive but hey that's why they make the GP list.  I love a good magazine.  They're easy to tote to work for lunch break reading, to the gym while you're doing cardio, or browse at home while watching ESPN (or whatever you prefer to watch).  I prefer to receive them on a variety of topics but if you write about a subject getting 3-4 magazines on the same subject would be a great way to get ideas.  Many of the ideas I have for my blog come from magazine articles I read, as you may or may not have noticed.

Check www.magazines.com for great deals on my favorite publications or to sign up for your own.

A 'ha ha' for your Tuesday from this months Glamour?  In the 'Hey it's ok!' second is says... hey, it's ok to be secretly terrified of getting sucked down the airplane toilet'.  I laughed out loud when I read this.  I hate airplane toilets for this exact reason.  They totally freak me out.  Thanks Glamour. I feel better already.

Love,
B

No comments: