Friday, August 6, 2010

On the Road, Again.

It’s almost time to get back on the road again! 21 days until the beginning of my fall travels. I have 7 flights planned before the end of the year right now, and at least 2 more too nail down. You know I like to be on the go and stay busy but traveling also means I have to be that much more on top of my home life, so I don’t fall too far behind. I need to get myself organized! Ack.

Here’s what I’ve been trying to think through during this month off from travels – how to best keep up my diet and exercise routine when I have to take it on the road! I love what I do but it’s also exhausting flying into a city, setting up, and then waking at 4am to work all day and fly back. To keep up my the healthy pace I’ve been in the past few months I have to be able to find a balance and keep up my exercise on my whirlwind work trips.

Lucky for me, I have a Kacy Dule workout book on the way! I’m hoping she’s going to be the answer to my workout in my hotel room blues! She might be just the kick in the pants I’ll need to workout after set up and still crawl into bed early before the big event day.

So that leaves the eating…

I know several of my readers are also travelers so I’m open to any and all suggestions of good things to bring in case the team dinner is a little out of league (or caloric allowance). So I’m taking all suggestions!

So my Diane Von Furstenberg luggage is about to bite the dust after only a few shorts years. It’s time to invest in some new luggage. I’m leaning towards trying the hardcase suitcases this time to see if I can make them last a little longer. I honestly don’t understand what they do to my bags while they’re transporting them that causes them to come back each trip a little more battered. Help! Anyone bought the hardcase suitcases recently and want to give me some insight?

Also time to start thinking of some cute airport outfits (since I keep meeting the nicest people when I travel) and I did a bit of googling. This photo-montag done found here features 4 outfits, all of which I would wear.



I really want a pair of 'riding boots' this fall. Is that insane considering I live in Florida? I hate cold weather but I love fall/winter clothes and layering. Guess it's a good thing I have 7-10 trips up north to take this year. May even be able to justify a new coat! Ah.

Love,
B

5 comments:

Nicole said...

You inspire me! Love coming on here to read your stuff! Cant wait for my book =D

Unknown said...

a few comments... you may when i was in college i worked for continental airlines and traveled a lot! i would recommend a carry-on bag only for short trips - I never trust the airline with my bag! (plus most of them now charge extra for that anyway.) If you wear you coat & boots on the plane & color-coordinate the rest of your clothes, it can be done. Re travel food, I always packed those little bags of instant flavored oatmeal. Two of them make a hearty breakfast or snack & you only need a paper cup with hot water. (good use of hotel coffee maker!) i also always packed granola bars or dried fruit for snacks. happy trails!

Katie Kennedy said...

I agree with Erica. Hubby and I go away almost every weekend, and in order to stay fit and trim, I always pack my own snacks so that I stay full and don't pick on junk food. I always have an apple in my purse and special K bars. I even go as far as packing a box of my own cereal in the suitcase. When we go out for dinner, I always stick with the healthy dishes...enjoy your travels this fall! From all the hard work and determination you seem to have, I think you will do just fine!

Anonymous said...

I might have to join the "legging" trend... It has taken me almost a year to be comfortable wearing skinny jeans, and now that I've got that down, I want to invest in some riding boots and leggings.. or even those jeggings..

Theresa said...

My only reason to shy away from hard case suitcases is because of the added weight, especially if you're looking at longer flights with unfortunate weight limits on checked luggage. Otherwise, I consider it a great investment!