Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Wish List.

If you're here for the first time - please check out my Christmas letter.

Ok I'm going to start off by cheating because let's be honest, sometimes we cheaters actually DO prosper...the first item on my list I bought for my Mom to give me. ; ] Aren't I a doll to help her with her Christmas shopping? It will arrive this week with a free gift box included she can stick it in and under our tree.

I actually had a surprisingly hard time decided what I wanted for Christmas this year. I work hard, I save up, and I buy what I want/need as it happens (and I can afford it). I usually ask for practical gifts some of which have recently included: carpet, tires, and a gas grill. So keeping with the practical but with a fun flare I told my Mom I'd really like an across body bag for my upcoming travels including my Spring trip to Washington DC!


This is the one I picked:






From Coach's Madison collection - I selected this all black leather one. I wanted something simple, chic, and timeless I'll use on many trips to come (I've got 3 in the works and we haven't even started the work related trip planning for 2012).





I asked my best friend for a robe. NOT a big terry cloth chunker but a simple, soft, jersey one. I don't have a picture but I bought her one a few years ago and ever since have kind of wanted one for myself. I don't currently own a robe, so this has been on my wish list for a bit.





In a dream world I would be getting this: I already confessed I do a great job of getting what I want - one way or another. But this has been on the wish list for quite sometime because it is just that a WANT. An expensive want. With no 'need' mixed in there. So I keep talking myself out of it. BUT if any of you would like to buy me one for Christmas - I will make you mashed potatoes on the regular. Deal?





My relatives are going to pitch money into my travel fund - which I'm stoked about. I want to see the world - or at least DC and my best friend at some point in the near future.





I would also REALLY like a chic overnight bag like this suede bag from Abro:


Other than that - I'll take NO snow, my family together, meeting my niece for the first time, our second annual downtown pizza date with Jon, some time with my favorite Indy friends, and a little rest and relaxation.




Love,




B

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm trying to stick with more practical gifts myself. Gift cards for things I know I'll use and a piece of furniture!

I love that black bag! So classic!

Allyson and Dave said...

Purses are the perfect gift if you ask me. I get a new one every Christmas. Funny thing...10 years ago I did not know what a designer purse was. My husband (boyfriend at the time) gave me a Dior purse for Christmas. I didn't even know what Dior was. It was all downhill from there.

Kari said...

Practical gifts are the best! I love the Coach bag--so simple but super cute. I have say that the Kitchen Aid mixer is a NEED, not just a want. I've had one for 10 years and I don't know what I'd do without it. That thing rocks my culinary world.