Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Update.

Well hello loves,

I took the weekend off from blogging and well, alot of other things I normally do. I'm a go getter. I get up an hour early almost every morning to do chores, read my bible, read, etc. before work and I go hard til my head hits the pillow in exhaustion at night. But even I know when I've tuckered myself out and it's time to relax a bit. This weekend was that tuckered out recovery weekend.

Friday I worked all day, babysat for four hours, and then went out. Now, I have a funny here. I told my clients when I arrived (in sweats, no makeup, and a straight haired ponytail) not to be startled when they came home and I looked completely different. Since by babysitting I mean the kids were asleep before I arrived - I decided to use those few hours to get ready to go out with friends afterwards. When they came home I was plopped in front Criminal Minds with curly hair, a full face of makeup, and a fresh change of clothes. She remarked, 'you weren't kidding - I barely recognize you'. Ha!

Well congrat to Daniel who graduated Friday morning from USF - and what fun I had celebrating him at Fly Bar downtown (pic below) on the rooftop.





I, Becca Christensen, stayed in bed until 10AM on Saturday. This has to be a post-college record! But after seeing 2am the night before (which is highly unlike me and my old lady ways) I slept in, relaxed, and even watched a little TV! I managed to get my lazy butt out of bed and to the Nordstrom Rack where I got 2 pairs of Under Armour sweatpants for $9 each! I was so pumped. I'm about ready for my Indy Christmas trip now.


Saturday night I also babysat but this time I worked on some reading, paperwork, Christmas cards, etc. and then came home and promptly fell back into bed.


Sunday consisted of church (GREAT message on Mercy this week), lunch with a sweet new friend, more movie watching (oh redbox, I love you so), a little shopping, a few chores, and some hangout time with my long time friend Sean.

I also got the wheels turning on my 2012 trip to Haiti! I told you all there were big, crazy, awesome plans coming in the year to follow but I'm only now starting to get them in the works! My trip to DC is near having a date, and I turned in my PTO request, filled out my application, made me deposit, and booked a doctor's appointment to work towards a Haiti missions trip in April of 2012.


So, please pray me up as I hit the ground running and prepare to leave the country for the first time, go on my first missions trip, and serve serve serve with all my heart. I couldn't be anymore excited about this opportunity!


Hope your weekends were as fun, relaxing, and exciting as mine.


Love,


B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your "relaxing" weekend sounds busy! Haha! You get the best deals at Nordstrom Rack!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm in this post!