Sunday, January 31, 2010

Goodbye January.

Well I'm four days from departure for the Super Bowl. I've officially picked out 2 of the clothing items I'm going to wear. Sadly, they don't even go together. I allowed myself one new outfit...well, part of an outfit (aren't budgets the worst?) for the 'after party' which SHOULD be arriving via UPS tomorrow during the day. I may have to beg my boss to let me do drive bys of the condo every hour tomorrow until it comes. Is that wrong?

To say this weekend didn't go according to plan is a bit of an understatement. We planned to make it to the party early so we could be in bed early BUT Sarah didn't even get to Tampa til almost 9. So, after dinner and the party we finally flung ourself into bed at 12:30 (my idea of early is 10 by the way) for 6 hours of sleep before we had to be up for Gasparilla 2010! It was worth the sleeplessness however, since Gasparilla was WAY more fun this year than last. Last year we walked 10 miles, got sunburns and blisters, AND by the time we were done walking most of the parade was over.

This year we parked on the lawn of my friends house, hung out at their party until 30 minutes after the party started, walked 1 block to the parade and saw as much of the rainy debacle as we desired before walking back to grill out. It was a delish and entirely less tiring and stressful Gasparilla experience. Totally worth the lack of sleep which was made up for when we crawled into bed, well onto the air mattress that is pretending to be my couch for now, to 'watch a movie' and passed out by 8pm. I'm not as young as I used to be!

Oh yeah, you're wondering about the bull-riding huh? Sadly, by the time our business manager responded all the freebie tickets had been taken and our office didn't get any. Tear. So no bulls this year. But honestly, as fun as it would have been - my body is thankful that I let it recover last night from the 5 hour night before. Lame, I know...but so true.

Today was relaxing. I had to be at church early to work the table for Financial Peace which starts near the end of February. We got a great response after the service today and it looks like we'll be busting at the seams with new budgeters this 'term'. After a little recruiting I hit Brio for brunch with Aubs & Sarah before, sadly, Sarah had to return to Jville this afternoon.

I promised myself I would be productive today which apparently translated into vegging watching Criminal Minds, Millionaire Match Maker, and *drum roll* a lifetime movie! BUT in my defense I did fold 3 loads of laundry, change my sheets, balance my checkbook, work on my budget for Feb, workout, read, and pack two cardigans along the way. So today was not a total waste.

Without finishing my last book, I started 'Accidental It Girl' today during my workout. Don't judge me, I was craving some chick-lit in my life. At least it kept me on the bike for 8 miles of uphill riding!

Oh yeah, and did I mention I'm leaving for the Super Bowl in four days!?

Love,
B

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay, you're going to have so much fun!!

P.S. I emailed you but I'm not sure if I had the right email. You won my book giveaway and I need your address to send the book to! You can email me the info at brunetteonabudget@gmail.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

My chick-lit started with "Dear John" today. Please judge me. It's awful, but I've started it and I want to find out what happens. Maybe I'll just spend 7 bucks at the movies this weekend to find out in 2 hours rather than 4 days of reading.

PS- what is your main example and model that you use to make your budget?