Sunday, January 24, 2010

Once in a Lifetime...again.







Once in a lifetime opportunities may just come more than once in your lifetime. A few years ago my family made our first trip to Miami to play in the Super Bowl against the Chicago Bears. Our once in a lifetime was now a reality. The road to the Super Bowl had been a hard one and we had weathered it as a family. On our knees, in prayer. When you're in the NFL this is the 'end all be all' of the game and we would finally be IN one.

Not only did we make it to the Super Bowl that year but the Lord delivered us a victory and we returned with the trophy. It was one of the most exciting, emotional, and amazing experiences of my life to date. My whole family was there together through the whole experience. I can't even put it into words.

And now, we're going back! Only a few short years later we're returning to the Super Bowl and it's back in Miami. I'll head out a week from Friday to meet the parents, Rach, Ruth, and Chris to cheer on our boys to (hopefully) our second Super Bowl win! I can't even BEGIN to tell you how pumped I am.

I watched the game at home so I could be a crazy person (as I usually am during the playoffs). Two of my best girl friends here in Tampa came over and watched with me. Jess, Jen, & I camped out on my floor and an air mattress in my still fairly empty new condo and screamed, shrieked, and yelled (oh wait, that was just me) as the Colts delivered a W! We toasted the victory with my optimistically pre-cooked victory cake. If I couldn't be in Indy screaming my guts out live, this certainly eased the pain. Great friends, great food, and finally having cable in the new condo. I have fallen in love with making new, lasting memories in my home. My home...still feels weird to say it.

2010 is certainly shaping up to be an exciting year for me. And it's JUST getting started. Stay tuned for more talk about the Super Bowl and I will be in serious need of outfit advice.

Thanks for sharing in this special day with me.

Love,
B

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20

Ps: What should I do as a Super Bowl giveaway?!

1 comment:

Bran ♥ said...

CONGRATULATIONS Becca! The game was awesome yesterday... I cheered loud and hard for you since you were in Florida!

Hope you have an excellent week celebrating the AFC Championship! :)