Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Just Have to Confess...


I thought it would be a brilliant idea to sell a few Coach bags I bought in my days of working retail and being the ultimate consumer (you know, working for the discount, spending more than I made). Since graduating college and moving into the work world, my taste and needs from a bag have changed, so it seems like an obvious time to unload a few in favor of making room for the ones I'm actually carrying.

After deciding to save up to have the batch pad painted (hopefully in April or early May) I decided to try eBay. I figure e-bay is the Craiglist of the brand name ...enthusiasts. Mind you, I'm not nearly as internet savvy as most people give my credit for and I've never, ever bought anything from eBay (mostly because I am a chicken). So I used my sheer brilliance to google 'how to sell something on ebay' and went from there.

What I didn't count on in this process was being OBSESSED with watching my item be auctioned for 5 whole days! My bag will finally have a new owner at 2:07 (exactly) today and I can finally return to my usual insanity, void of waking up in the middle of the night to see how many bids (3), watchers (11), and views (87) I have. Whew! It will be nice to have my life back.

No one who knows me EVER encourages me to put all my energy into anything because A. if they could find a way to tap my energy they could light entire countries after my 6am workout and 645am coffee and B. because everyone who knows me is terrified of me when I'm on a mission. So it shouldn't come as a shock to any of you that I've literally become obsessed with selling these 2 bags.

Crap. While we're confessing...I've also considered selling every single bag for the sheer joy of this ridiculous waiting game of the auction. Clearly, I need meds. Happy Saturday from your neighbor ebay creeper and congrats to whatever sweet young thang takes home my Coach bag-of-the-day.

Love,
B


6 comments:

SEL said...

I've bought and sold things on eBay and it definitely can be addicting. Congrats on selling the bag!

Jess... said...

HAHA, I've never sold anything on ebay (although I've been saying forever that I'm going to) but I've bought stuff.

Whenever I'm buying stuff I do the exact same thing. I can't refresh the page enough to check for updates!!!

Kari said...

I'm glad you're selling your bags! I know your obsession all too well. I sold 10-15 old Kate Spade and Cole Haan handbags on eBay about 4 years ago, and managing the questions, stalking the listings, etc. was practically a full-time job (or at least a very time-consuming hobby). I loved it at the timme, but I'm so glad I haven't had to do it again.

Unknown said...

I need you to come sell my things next :)

Kenj said...

It is so much fun, and i totally know what you're talking about being excited and watching the bids. Whatever makes you happy lady!!

Lane said...

I love selling on eBay! I have sold old Coach purses in the past and just recently sold 3 dresses. It's a fun way to get rid of stuff you no longer want.