Friday, February 17, 2012

Yard Sales, Lunch Dates, and Chic Lit - Oh my!

I would like to wish my Momma a very Happy Birthday today to begin this entry. She is one incredible woman and for your sake, I hope you each get to meet her someday. What a fabulous Mom she is. I hope she feels special and loved on this big day.

By the time you read this it will be the weekend! Congrats on successfully completing another work week, with excellence, I hope!

I'm staying busy this weekend, per my usual. Friday - lunch with my sweet friend Toni at Seasons 52. Love her, and love their delicious food. Greatly looking forward to starting my weekend off right.

After work I will be headed with leftover pizza in hand to finish up the yard sale prep with my sweet friend Jess who graciously signed on to host this yard sale for me. We will be using the proceeds to pay off the remainder of my Haiti trip (which is in April). We are planning on eating pizza and salads, prepping, and then watching a Lifetime movie. The one where Rob Lowe plays Drew Peterson. Anyone seen this? I've actually watched it once and he's super creepy and convincing. Yikes.

Bright and early tomorrow morning I will be back at Jess's to sell, sell, sell! I'm so grateful to everyone who has donated their trash/treasure to benefit my trip as well as all the ladies and gents who have offered to help my hauling it up to Jess's and/or helping with the day of festivities! In Tampa and hoping to come by? Text me for the address!

After a book about the downfall of Haiti, one about the holocaust, and a prison memoir I decided it was time for a little chic lit - so I'm currently devouring (and I mean that, as I've almost finished it 2 days later) this little number:



This book is darling and each chapter has a cupcake recipe...yum! If you haven't read it and you're looking for an easy poolside read (ok, showing my Floridian nature here) - pick this up.

Here's to wishing each of you a great weekend - and if you're social networkers you can watch for funny yardsale pics tonight and tomorrow.

Love,
B

4 comments:

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Haaa,I have that movie taped on my dvr but haven't watched, how funny! Hope your garage sale is a success!

Lauren said...

I so watched that movie and he was super creepy ha! Good luck tomorrow :-)

SEL said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Good luck tomorrow! I hope it "pays" off. ;)

Wiz said...

I put this book on my to read list. Sounds cute and I LOVE cupcakes!