Friday, February 3, 2012

Weekend Plans.

Happy Friday to All!

After a wicked early start to work a Cambridge Christian All Pro Dad's Day chapter meeting this morning (the highlight of my work month on many occasions), I will head out early this afternoon to depart on my first 'for fun' trip of 2012. I have lots of upcoming travel as previously mentioned on the blog and highlighted in the right column. But this is the kick off trip. Booked in November during a Southwest Sale - I've been anxiously counting down the days until now...departure day!

I will depart at 4:30 on a non stop flight only to be picked up on the flip side by my best friend, Candy! I am literally thrilled. Were headed tonight to 'the roadhouse' for a late dinner at the restaurant Candy worked in growing up in the 'burg.

I'm really looking forward to some downtime, with a few of my favorite people....in what has quickly become one of my favorite places on earth. Let's just hope I can semi stick with my diet and exercise plan while away for a few days. There will be blog posts still, so you won't have to miss me too much, and I promise to have some fun photos and stories when I return as well.

In my carry on for this trip I will be taking two new books to read:



This is the 7th book in the Women's Murder Club series which many of you who have been following the blog for a while and/or are my friends on GoodReads already know about my obsession with all things JP and this series. So I picked this up from the library this week after being on hold between books 6 and 7, and will begin this while away (and possibly finish it too).

Actually both of the books I'll be traveling with this trip are by JP but #2 is a love story, not a murder mystery. Some of you may be unfamiliar with Patterson as a love story author but he's actually had several famous, non-violent novels. This one was gifted to me by a client who knows about my love of JP and reading in general.
Here's what amazon has posted about this one:

From Publishers Weekly

Unlike Patterson's Alex Cross thrillers, this sentimental tale does not translate well to audio. The plot twists seem all the more absurd when read aloud, and the audiobook's maudlin music, inserted during the story's poignant moments, is as distracting and disturbing as a TV laugh track. Jennifer, a newspaper columnist who's grieving the death of her husband, has more reason to mourn when her beloved grandmother, Sam, falls into a coma. Jennifer rushes to Sam's home in Lake Geneva,Wis., where she finds a packet of letters addressed to her. The letters detail her grandmother's life story, including an affair she had with a mysterious man. Jennifer takes comfort in the letters, and at the same time, embarks on her own romance with Brendan, an old friend. Heche's thin, mousy voice is perfect for the perpetually worried Jennifer, but she rarely varies her intonation, not even for Brendan's dialogue. Alexander does a better job as Sam, conveying the elderly woman's concern for Jennifer, but her performance isn't sufficient to elevate this flawed audiobook.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Alright well, it's about time I wrap this up and allow you all to continue with your Fridays (I'm probably working or traveling when you're reading this) but I hope you all have a great weekend.

Love,
B

6 comments:

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

I've read both of those books and they're so good!I don't think I finished the Women's Murder Club series but got pretty far? I know there is another letters one he wrote and I think I have it if you want to borrow? Have an awesome trip, girl!!

Lauren said...

Have a great trip girl, can't wait to hear all about it! Great books you picked too I must add to my list ;-) xo

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE this book! LOVE LOVE! I'm curious to see what you think- it reminds me of Nicholas Sparks a bit.

Enjoy your vacay! xo

Jennifer B said...

I'm adding the JP series to my Goodreads! Enjoy your trip!

Neely said...

Have so much fun!!!

MK said...

Good choices! I hope to start the first in the women's murder series this weekend! Have a safe trip!