Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's Ok Thursday - Travel Edition.

First off, let me start by saying a one day late - welcome to February! I finished January having read 7 books (towards my goal of 50) and down 9.4 lbs (towards my 20lbs before Haiti goal). I'm feeling good about welcoming February with room in my jeans and a mind swimming with new words to be played on WWF.



I'm headed on my first vacay of 2012 TOMORROW but first let's celebrate Thursday with a little it's ok...



Its Ok Thursdays



I'm making this week about travel because as of tomorrow - I'm outta here til Monday (you know I won't be totally disconnected, right?)



So this Thursday it's ok...



...to make all your 'beauty' appointments for the week before a trip (Tuesday - haircut Thursday - eyebrows Saturday while away - pedi)



...to over pack. Every. single. trip. (this is especially sad coming from a girl who travels almost 20 weekends a year!)



...to always plan your next trip before your current trip is over, so that you always have something to look forward too. (I've already confessed that between dieting and budgeting I've boarder line lost the will to live!)



...to feel self conscious carrying cash, even if they say you should.



...to over tip the baggage guys to make sure they won't weigh your bag (don't judge me!)



...to use the 'party seating' style of Southwest as an opportunity to sit next to the best looking guy on the plane AND...



...sleep on his shoulder (thank goodness my Dad doesn't read this!)



...to buy yourself a few new clothing items for trips, even if you don't NEED them (as long as they're in the budget).



...to baby powder your hair when you travel to keep from looking greasy upon arrival.



This next one may shock some of you but it's ok...



...to use the bathroom when the seat belt sign is on. They actually let you if you have to go REALLY bad.



...to carry your ipad AND your kindle.



...to feel like your in vacation mode from Monday til Friday on the week you leave.



...to hate basically all link ups except it's ok Thursday, where you find all your favorite people by their quirks.



Thanks Neely and Amber - I sure do love doing this.



Love,

B



...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha I love the cutest guy comment - you are TOO funny!!

SEL said...

Great job on the weight loss and books read!

I've never heard of party seating! Sounds like it's good for something, though. ;)

Lauren said...

Sounds like you are ready for your trip friend, too funny about sleeping on a guys shoulder LOL! Only you ;-)

Neely said...

Always do my beauty appts the week before a trip...ALWAYS!

Lane said...

Wow congrats on 9.4lbs, awesome!

Yay for vacations! I need one.

Asha said...

Girl, you are too funny! I always do my beauty appointments the week before too and the baby powder trick...you have to look your best, right? I hope you have a fabulous time!! :)

Jennifer B said...

...to spend your lunch break shopping with me :)

One day, when we are super amped for shopping, we should go to Marshalls, Ross, Target, Nordstrom Rack, etc discounts.

Kenj said...

What is this party seating you speak of?! I must know!

Kari said...

Congrats on the weight you've lost! You're doing such a great job. I completely agree with you about tipping the baggage guys. I did this in Puerto Rico once because I knew my bag had to weigh 70 lbs. They totally "overlooked" weighing it and I was beaming!

Café Moka said...

You did great on the weight loss! Yay!!!
Have a great weekend!