If you've ever seen the movie 'He's Just Not That Into You' you know exactly where today's title comes from. And if not, well, I found ya a picture. Ben's character in the movie is hanging a picture when Anniston comes home and asks what he's doing. He says, 'I'm getting around to it'.
We all have a running list of things to do when we 'get around to it' don't we? Here's a few I've gotten done recently (and I think many of you will relate):
- Under the kitchen sink. Sometimes you have to face it, clean it, organize it, and hope it doesn't suck you into the black abiss.
- Clean out your car. My neighbor mocks my dirty, disorganized car. I think because in comparison to my house he finds it shocking. Anyway, it no longer looks like I live in it. I took everything out, vacuumed, armor all'd, spot shot my floor mats, etc. It even has an air freshener. I'm trying hard to take my junk out of the car with me every day now.
- Clean out the garage. Another never ending black hole (like my purses). I finally purged, organized, and even swept my garage this month.
- Filing. Gr. There's nothing I hate more than filing warranties, service notices, receipts, etc. But I finally filed all of 2010 and 2011 (yes, they were in a giant pile for 2 years).
- The great wardrobe purgery. This is when you actually go through every.single.piece.of.clothing and you face the cold hard truth that something things will never fit again, some things never looked good on you, and somethings that you've never worn you still won't wear if they sit there for another year. Goodbye.
- Spot cleaning. I finally shot all the spots on my carpet. Which weren't many but you know how you think 'I should spray these spots that pop up on the carpet' and you respond to yourself 'when I get around to it?'. Well, I did. Finally.
- Oil change. This is the ever looming task I hate. Even though with a Jiffy lube literally on my street, this shouldn't overwelm me...I hate it. BUT with a free night, finally, I decided it had to be done. You're welcome, car.
The yet to get around to list:
- Going to the dentist (blah)
- Reading every book on my shelves (working on it)
- Organizing my cleaning closet (pinterest style)
- Phone calls (I always have a running mental list of people I need to call - sorry if you're on it)
- Menu planning (I've been lax for a few weeks now, time to get back on it)
- Updating my recipe books (doesn't this always kind of hang over your head?)
- Pantry organization
What have you been meaning to get around too?