Monday, November 1, 2010

About Me.


With new followers and random readers it just seems time to have an official 'about me' page to let you know who you're following and/or reading.

I am a twenty-five year old go-getter who never stops moving. Freakishly organized, I am never without my color coordinated Coach planner. I make lists for everything - packing, chores, work, everything. I love working. Always have, in fact. Started at 15 and I've been going strong for 10 years since.

I graduated from Purdue University with a degree in Sociology and imagined I'd end up as a case worker. Flash forward two years and here I am living and thriving in Tampa, Florida as the Assistant to the Director of Events. Events is an intense industry but I love every second and I'm thankful to be doing work I'm both passionate about and that allows me to be around my favorite sport, football.

Being the daughter of a football coach of over 30 years, I grew up in the stands and on the sidelines. Not much has changed except that being 17 hours away, I now have to spend half the season screaming at the TV from dive bars and half the season jet setting in for a game here and here, between my travels for work.

Being mobile my whole childhood, moving from place to place (read: team to team) I knew that I would settle in somewhere and call it home. Tampa is certainly that place. I bought a place back in December of 2009 and I couldn't be happier with my little dream home. Don't worry - you'll read about it plenty, and see tons of pictures the longer you follow.

I consider myself a saved sinner, that's lucky that my faith doesn't require perfection. This isn't a 'Christian blog' it's a blog about a Christian. Does that make sense?

If you stick around you can bet you'll read about: fashion, football, friendship, faith, family family family, fabulousness, quirks, quotes, major faux pas, trouble, trials, travels, and day-to-day happenings.

Welcome to my blog, where I give you access to my life and bring you in as part of my family. I hope you feel welcomed and encouraged by what you find here.

Love,
B

6 comments:

JPO said...

Love it!

Glad we're blog friends :)

krystal said...

I also live in Tampa and am a new follower! I decided to add you once I saw you lived in Florida! :) Do you work for the Bucs? Lucky girl. =D I'm over at USF.

tara said...

love it!! :)

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

New follower, I found you via Ashley's Carnival Ride, and I am totally addicted already! You're one cool chick, can't wait to read more! :D

Have a fantastic weekend!

Jennifer B said...

Since you were tweeting with Jess on Twitter and I saw you were in Tampa too, I had to start following you! So strange to see some Tampa references! Not many bloggers live here (at least that I know of). So awesome that you get to combine nonprofit and sports! I hope to branch into the nonprofit world at some point. :)

Lauren said...

Love your blog! I am also an assistant to the events director at a non-profit here in Tampa for the past 3 years and love it!! Hoping to get another opportunity soon working in eventshere in the area since I just finished my BA from USF :-)