Saturday, November 27, 2010

Belly Laughs.

Hello lovelies.

It's been a few days and I'm surfacing from laughing til my stomach muscles hurt to check in with you. I'm still in Indiana for another 3 days (counting this one) and this trip came at a much-needed time. After a tough and trying couple of weeks it has been a big gulp of fresh air to be here with the ones I love the most - just relaxing and being myself.

After three days of help from my Aunt, who's a physical therapist, I'm happy to report my shoulder is on the mend. It's back to functioning properly and only hurt towards the end of the day when it's been forced to move and work all day. I'm hopeful that by the time I return to Tampa on Monday, I will feel good as new.

Our house has been full of people and food for the past few days. 12 people staying in one home and 4 southern cooks will do that too ya! But it has been a blast! From watching movies, to wrestling, to workouts, to me trying to play 21 with my far-superiorly-athletic cousins and uncle, to downtown Christmas tree lightings, to food comas - I couldn't have planned the past few days any better if I tried. Oh wait, I even got a good solid hour of shopping in there , that I didn't have to pay for.

I haven't smiled this hard or laughed this long in weeks. I am so content at this moment, I can't even begin to put it into words. This is what home is supposed to be like. Full of family.

Don't worry, there will be pictures to follow when I'm back on my turf. I left the laptop at home this trip in the name of spending less time in front of a computer screen and more time curled up by the fire. Or with my nose in a book. Though the reading hasn't been happening in plenty with the activity level in this household this week.

This morning while the whole house was sleeping my Dad and I got to read side-by-side near the fire and talk. Those special, unexpectedly quiet little moments make all the difference, don't they? I could stay curled up like that forever. We don't even have to break the silence to be having a conversation ...but let's be honest, we're both talkers so we always do.

Some of the family has headed home now and the house seems a little empty without them. I always hate to see anyone go. But I look forward to a vigorous workout, a lunch date with my Daddy ( a pleasant surprise offer ), and whatever this afternoon holds. Tomorrow I'll cheer on Daddy and the Colts on Sunday Night Football with my Mom, my grandparents, and my sister, Ruthie. Then it's back to real life Monday with renewed energy for to finish 2010 strong.

I'm grateful for this time away. This time to unwind with the ones I love most. I hope that each of you are having similar, wonderful experiences.

Love,
B

No comments: