So I'm heading out later today to Indianapolis, IN to be with my family for Thanksgiving. I cherish the time I get with my Mom's side of the family on these trips because sadly, it's the one time a year we all get to be together (or at least that I get to be with them). I wanted to leave you with some thanksgiving thoughts...
I have an incredible amount to be thankful for this year and I don't want to steal all the thunder from what I hope will be my traditional end of the year recap in January. But here we go...
- First and foremost, I'm grateful for grace. For a merciful Savior who washes my sins away and who is always extending me much-needed but totally undeserved grace. Her mercies are truly new every morning, and I find so much peace in that.
- I'm immeasurably grateful for a church home that has grown me in my faith this year, challenged me on some tough stuff, and given me a support system. (that church for those of you who don't know is Grace Family Church).
- It probably goes without saying but it's worth saying anyway that I'm thankful for having an incredible family. My parents who have been married for 30 years, my beautiful, incredible sisters. My sweet brother-in-law. I'm blessed enough to have all 4 of my grandparents still with me. As well as great aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I love each and every one of them and I'm blessed by having their love in return.
- Incredible friendships. I was saying just last night at dinner how when you graduate college you really realize who your true friends are, and you weed some out that maybe weren't so good of friends afterall. But 2 years later, I'm tremendously grateful for the close friendships I have. I treasure them.
- I'm thankful a. to have a job in this crazy economy. But above that (b.) to have a job I love, I'm passionate about, and that lets me work with truly amazing coworkers. They feel like family, and I know that's a rare blessing.
- Home. I've always wanted a place of my own to call home. I'm grateful to have a sweet little place of my own and that it really does feel like home.
- I'm thankful for the Lord's provision in my life.
- I'm thankful to all the people who have supported me throughout my weight loss endevours this year.
- I'm thankful to all my prayer warriors that have prayed me through some tough times this year - you know who you are. I am forever in your debt.
Ok and this entry wouldn't be complete without a few sillier but still totally true thanks...
- I'm thankful for moments that make me laugh til I cry.
- I'm thankful for diet coke in plenty.
- I'm thankful for friends I can vent too when I've had enough - or rant about horrible first dates with.
- I'm thankful that I survived another year of clumsiness that involved a tumble down the stairs and many other dangerously un-dainty moments (oh like when I split my pants at work trying to show a coworker my Jillian Michael's moves).
- I'm thankful for social networking because I can stalk all you fabulous people and keep up on your lives.
- I'm thankful for 'happy hour' at sonic and steak n shake so I can have diet cherry cokes almost every day.
- I'm thankful for suitcases with 4 wheels instead of 2 - seriously life-changing.
- I'm eternally grateful to the maker of Imodium - after 10 months of weird stomach issues - you've saved my life a few times over.
- I'm thankful for a good sense of humor and not taking myself too seriously.
- I'm thankful that 25 has not brought any forehead wrinkles...yet.
Lastly, I'm thankful for you all who read my blog and support me in my funny, fabulous life. You are special to me and my interactions with you are a blessing.