Thursday, November 18, 2010

Challenges and Champions - 2010.




So guess who got to meet one of their heros tonight? Me! You all know from blog entry after blog entry that I love Dave Ramsey and his Financial Peace University program which I took and then taught. And tonight at my works 20th Anniversary Banquet - I got to meet him and shake his hand (and even joke around with him a bit later in the evening).

He brought the house down. Great, great speech. I'm inspired by his words and looking forward to reading the copy of 'Total Money Makeover' we were given as a gift.

The extremely talented Michael W. Smith was also present and accounted for. What a talented man he is and with such a beautiful heart for the Lord.



Here's Amy & I before the night began - sporting our new dresses and shoes.

Sweet Barbara and I. : ] Love this pic.

Lastly, I wanted to show you a precious video. Zac Smith, who you'll watch below won an award at our banquet tonight for inspiring father's with this video.


Zac passed away in May. And his wife and children were there to collect his award. I had the chance to meet her afterwards and thank her for coming, what I know must have been a tough thing to do. I doubt there was a dry eye in the place during this time in the evening. I was blubbering. I treasure every moment I get with my sweet Daddy, but Zac's message is one everyone should here. Because tomorrow is promised to no one. We only have one chance to make the most of our time with our parents, and they with us.

I was truly touched by meeting his family. And I'm blessed by Zac and the story he shared. His wife said, 'Zac has been gone 6 months and we are here to tell you that God is still God, and God is still good'. What a testament. I wish you all could have been there. I really do.

I hope this blog entry brought a little bit of an incredible night to you.

Love,
B


1 comment: