After attending a sponsored party through House Party before, at my girl Auburn's house, I signed up myself and was selected to host a party for Bic. The party was to highlight their Soleil razors which each of the attendees got to take home and try, along with coupons for more, and scrapbooking supplies to document their favorite summer memories.
I love summertime, in fact, that's a huge part of why I moved to Florida, so I could pretend it's summer year round. Sadly, that doesn't come with the freedom to spend every single day at the pool (I keep hoping). So I made a few summery treats to go along with our party and I thought I'd share one very successful recipe here:
Lemon-raspberry mousse squares:
- 48 Nilla wafers, divided
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg lemon jello
- 1 cup ice cubes
- pkg (8 0z) philly cream cheese (I used fat free)
- 1/4 of sugar
- tsp lemon zest
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip (again, I used fat free)
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh fruit
- Stand 16 Nilla wafers around edge of plastic wrap lined 8 inch square pan. Add boiling water to gelatin mix, stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in ice until melted.
- Beat next 3 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in gelatin. Whisk in 2 cups Cool whip.
- Pour half the gelatin mixture into prepared pan; cover with 16 wafers. Microwave preserves on high 15 sec or until melted; brush onto wafers. Top with remaining gelatin mixturee and wafters.
- Refridgerate 4 hours or until firm. Invert onto a plate and top with remaining cool whip and fresh fruit (I did strawberries and raspberries).
It was SO good and the way we made it really low fat/calories. Just don't forget it has to sit 4 hours, I didn't notice that in time.
The party was a a great time. Good food, fun activities, lively fellowship...what more could you want?
Oh wait, I know what you could want... they said I could giveaway a set of party favors to one of you lovely ladies (or gents I guess, if you're interested). So, you know the deal - I like things simple. Comment below (you do have to be a follower) and you're entered to win. I will generate the number and announce the winner Monday, June 6th. Two chances to win in one week, what could be better?