Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Bittersweet Return.

Hello loves,

Thank you for allowing me to disappear from blogworld last week and enjoy every minute of my experiences.  As most of you know I spent the last 6 days in Washington DC.  This was my 2nd big city trip in 2 years and I decided on DC shortly after returning from exploring New York City in 2011.  I'm now working on my big city plan for 2013! 

I am grateful that my life and my job (which gives me frequent flier points) have allowed me to spend these young semi-single years seeing cities and falling in love with the places I go.  I could spend the rest of my life traveling and never run out of things I want to see and people I want to meet.

Here's a little taste of what last week was like for me:


Lincoln Memorial - Thursday.


 Arlington Cemetery - Saturday.

Botanical Gardens - Friday.


 Capitol building and Library of Congress - Friday.


 Mt. Vernon - Sunday.


 White House - Thursday.
WW2 Memorial - Thursday.

While I was there I also got to meet my sweet blog friend turned in-real-life friend Leanna!


Isn't she darling?  I had the best lunch with her at Old Ebbitts near the White House. I can totally see why she ditched NYC for DC - I would too.  So glad we got to meet, hopefully next time we can dine in Tampa and I can show her around!

Most of all it was wonderful to get some family time in!  My aunt, uncle, and my cousins, Wesley and Whitley were so welcoming and gracious and I couldn't have had a better trip!

(that's Wesley on the left and Whitley on the right sporting the Tampa Bay Rays t-shirt I gave him)

I have said it many times and will say it again I am incredibly blessed to have the family that I do.  I enjoy that the older I get the closer I feel to each of them and thankfully the more I'm able to see them!  The Mayberrys are amazing and I cherish every second I get with them.  They have been my biggest cheerleaders these past few years of figuring out adult life AND they currently hold the family record for most visits to Tampa since I moved here (trumping my parents and sisters).

It was hard to leave DC BUT I am excited to host my sweet Momma in Tampa later this week!  My isn't May just the best month ever?

Every time I travel I come back inspired to save up and plan more trips!  This trip was no exception.  You can expect many announcements, ideas, and decisions coming soon to this blog but I will start by announcing I have officially paid my deposit and will be headed to Togo in West Africa in January of 2013.  It is my desire to continue to grow in my faith and serve diligently.  As I prayed, the Lord has continued to break my heart for his people all of the world this year and I am thrilled to be saving up and headed to Togo to love on their people and build an Aquaponics center there with two guys from my Haiti trip - AJ and Casey.  I would treasure your prayers throughout the next few months of prep!

Love,
B

6 comments:

Darby Hawley said...

Awesome Becca! This sounds like fun and I'm so proud of you for continuing to grow and following His lead to Africa! Can I put in a bid for Houston as your big city for next year?!!?!?! ;-)

Amber said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time in DC, looks amazing! I've always wanted to visit.

Africa will be so much fun! I'm so proud of you girlfriend!

Unknown said...

I love that you are going to Africa! The Lord has plans for you, my friend. :)

DC is one of my favorite cities. I love the history and the sites. Glad you had a good time! Can't wait to see where you head in 2013!

P.S. June seems like it will be good too...! ;)

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Looks like a good time! Funny enough, the day you left to go is the day my sis and her husband came back from visiting DC themselves, lol. I feel like I need to go now, too!

Meghan said...

Congrats on the Africa trip! That's amazing!

I love your DC pictures. It's one of my favorite cities! :)

Ashley said...

I loved following your trip through the pictures you tweeted and posted on facebook! DC is on my list of places to visit one day!