Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wish List: For the Home.

If you could see the amount of lists I've got going right now, your head would spin.  Mine sure is.  But this is the year of no excuses and the summer of whipping this house into shape.  And so, the lists will continue! Here's a few things on my wish list for my home over the next few months of budgeting, saving, and who knows - maybe getting gifts?

 I want this to organize my dirty laundry out by the washer and dryer.  I think this would be super handy and cut down on piles on the floor or baskets.  I love that it's on wheels. They sell them at Target for $29.  This is coming soon to a laundry area near me.
Obsessed with this plastic bag organizer.  I save my grocery bags and take them back to Publix to recycle them.  I use reusable bags sometimes but you still end up with these plastic shopping bags and I want somewhere to put them that gives them their own, organized space.  I love this thing. I found it on amazon for $15.  I haven't bought it yet but I'm pretty sure that will be coming soon as well.

My two big ticket items are....

 A red Kitchenaid mixer.  This has been on my dream list for a while now.  A sweet friend, Meagan, gave me the idea to get one from Overstock.com and so I'm stalking that site on the regular now, waiting for the best time to strike.

The second is a Bose sound system/iPod dock:
These aren't cheap but I think I would use this all the time on my living room, dining, room, kitchen floor.  My parents got one a few years back and they've love theirs!  I am now saving my credit card points to get a Best Buy gift card to get one of these for free (this could take a year, mind you).

A few things that are on this list that aren't pictures because they require actually picking a specific one out:

- Headboard for my guest bed
- Bedside table and lamp for guest bedroom
- Chaise lounge for reading corner
- Entertainment center
- Real bookshelves (I have cheap plasticy target ones now)
- Full length mirror for guest bedroom (I feel like every room should have one of these)

Looks like I won't be cutting back on those hours too soon, huh? ; ]

Love,
B

7 comments:

Kenj said...

Everyroom definitely needs a full length mirror!! I love your list. You are the cutest home owner.

Lane said...

We have that laundry sorter and I swear it changed our life, ha. No but seriously laundry is so much easier now.

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Ha! I've been wanting a plastic bag holder FOREVER

lil desiqua said...

Haha, I just picked up a full length mirror the other day- it was perfectly goo and someone was throwing it out!

The Kitchenaid mixer has been on my list too, but right now it doesn't even fit in my tiny apt kitchen!

Great list!

Kari said...

If you like to bake, the KitchenAid mixer will change your life. I absolutely love mine! The plastic bag holder is also a must for the organization freak in all of us. :)

Katy said...

I have a KitchenAid as well and I absolutely love it. I can't imagine living without one now. Also, those plastic bag holders are a lifesaver. I have one in my house mounted on the wall going into the basement and it's perfect to have a place to store those ever accumulating plastic bags.

Unknown said...

That plastic bag organizer is amazing! Ours always end up piled up under the sink and the mess drives me crazy.