Friday, May 25, 2012

Three Day Weekend.

Well kids, we've made it to Friday and better still we've got a three day weekend ahead!  Big plans? No plans? How do you like to spend your lengthy weekends?  For the the question usually comes down to: home or away?
Well this three day weekend I will be home with my favorite house guest:


My Mom!  She landed in Tampa on Wednesday morning and spent Weds, Thursday, and some of Friday with her best friend (who lives in Tampa like me) but after work today we'll have tonight and 3 glorious days after to sun, fun, eat fro yo, and shop for home things.  I am THRILLED!  Some of you long time readers may remember that she made a trip down here before and we painted all my trim, ate fro yo for every meal, and had a blast.  Well, this time I'm not working her nearly as hard (which I'm sure she's excited about) but we do have a few things on the agenda...

We are going to be on the hunt for:


A black queen sized headboard for the guest bed.  Did you miss the instagram of the new guest bed?  Have no fear, it's here:



Last week it got a bedskirt and 2 more pillows but now it needs a headboard to be complete.  So Mom and I will be hunting that down this weekend. Along with...

(image and bookshelves by Sauder)

Nice black bookshelves.  I currently have a cheap one from Target that's leaning hard to the right.  It needs to go.  So Mom and I are hunting down some new, sturdy, black wood shelves.  Pray we can find some for a good price that I love, quickly.  Yes I realized that's a tall order.

Those are the main items that I want to find but if we have time and inspiration left I'm also looking for:




A key holder for by the front door (not that looks like this, mind you)



A bedside table and lamp. (I actually DO like these)

And who knows, maybe some other fun trinkets along the way.

My parents have been incredibly encouraging in my journey as a homeowner.  They've cheered me on through every decision, obstical, and phase along the way.  I'm so grateful for their support and advice (and contributions to the decor ...ha ha).  My Mom has been so excited to see the batch pad since it's paint job and bathroom upgrades and I'm THRILLED to see her reaction. 

I will be meeting her at my place after work today where I have a crock pot meal a cookin' for us...but I'm thinking we will NEED some Yogurtology immediately following.

What are your long weekends looking like?

Love,
B

5 comments:

Neely said...

Have so much fun with your momma this weekend sweet friend!

Darby Hawley said...

Yay!!! Have with your mom girl!

lil desiqua said...

Aww fun mom-daughter time!
I'll be bbq-ing at a friend's, and visiting my aunts and my mom too!
Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Have fun with your mom!!! I love that you have such a great relationship!!! Rack up those Yogurtology rewards points!!!!

Unknown said...

I really like that headboard - it will look great with your comforter and pillows!

Have so much fun with your mom!