Saturday, May 26, 2012

Crockpot Foodie.

It's no use wishing I'd paid more attention as a kid to what a fabulous cook my Mom is and learned the tricks of her trade then.  But since buying my home I've discovered I love to cook, grill, and bake - especially when I can have guests!  This summer there will be several fun visitors to the crib, starting with my Mom who's here right now!

Yesterday before work I threw together a crock pot meal I've been wanting to try that I found on Pinterest (of course).

The recipe is for low calorie crockpot chicken taco chili (wow, that's a mouthful). 

Recipe here.

I love crockpot meals because I love to entertain but as you've probably noticed, my schedules a bit crazy.  This is an easy way to have a meal ready when I get home, so all I have to do is serve it up and enjoy my company.

So if you're in the mood for easy entertaining this summer, try this out!

Love,
B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is nothing better than a good crockpot recipe! Yesterday before work, I threw in a roast, carrots, and potatoes. We had guests over for dinner and I didn't even get home until 45 minutes before dinner. But no worries - it was cooking all day!!!

This one looks delicious!

Becca Christensen said...

I think you'd love this one, if you like spicy. My mom, who is one of the best cooks I KNOW loved it. : ] And feel free to pass on good crockpot recipes to me anytime!