Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trends I'd Try...

I joined People's Style Watch Magazine's A-list this week and I weighed in on trends, which I would try and which I will not. I'm 'borrowing' a few of their images to show you new trends this fall that I'm totally on board with...


Love the style of this 'skirt' look. Just bought one myself recently - in a black skirt form, not a dress. Loving it.




Sequin blazer? Don't mind it I do. I like the look on the left best. Dressing the sequin look down with jeans? Perfection.




Animal prints. You all know from my batch pad that I love a good animal print. I have a great dress by Michael Kors in leopard print and you can bet I'll be busting that out this fall.




Boyfriend blazers - check. Way ahead of this one - I bought one at J Crew months ago.



Black and blue dresses. Um yes. Colts blue? I will do that in just about any form. Count me in for this trend, friends.


Sparkly LBDs - done and done.

Just so you know, a few of the trends I'm saying no to for a variety of reasons -

- Weird brown and white dress (think J Lo in her tye dye number)

- Shorts. A. because I hate them B. because they look terrible on me and C. because shorts just don't below in the fall to me.

- Kimono jackets. Just no.

- Ruffled blouses - I need no extra volume up top, thanks.

- Silk dresses. I don't do silk, it's too much work to keep clean.

- Body suits. Enough said.

- Straw purses. Repeat after me people: Leather.

So there you have it folks. My fashion opinion on some of the latest trends. Check out http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/ to cast your votes.

Love & fashion faux pas,

B

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

Can I just say how happy I am that animal print is back? LOVE

tara said...

love 'em all!