Friday, October 29, 2010

Personal Shopping for Heather.

I have always loved clothes. My parents have hours of video footage of be putting together crazy outfits and prancing around the house explaining my choices. Granted, my tastes have improved since then (I like to think) but my love for clothes and my enthusiasm for putting together outfits hasn’t faded over the years.

Over the last few years my friends have started coming to me for advice when they need the perfect outfit because the thrill of the hunt is half the fun for me. Usually they’ll tell me the occasion and their price range and then I’ll come up with something I know will look great on them, that falls within the restrictions they give me price wise (I’m waiting for the day when someone says the sky is the limit).

My Mom has always said I would be the perfect personal shopper because a. I love to shop (and if I was spending other people’s money I could do it more often) and b. I have a flare for knowing what would look good on someone else. She allows me to pick out things she’d never pick for herself and she tries them on and I’d say 90% of the time – she buys them. What can I say, I have a gift. My sisters have become slightly less reluctant to let me guide them over the years though their styles are opposite of each other and rather unlike mine.

Recently though more and more of my friends have signed on board for my help. This week my friend Heather gave me the challenge to find her the perfect dress for a rehearsal dinner. Like myself, she’s recently been working hard to get in shape and was ready for something fun to wear out to show her hard work and support her friend who’s getting married. We talked through a couple ideas but the one that I was most set on was that she should wear purple. A. because purple is so-hot-right-now and B. because it’s a flattering color on most people, including Heather. For go to dresses I like Asos (they have free shipping, both ways – so no stress about returns) and occasionally lulus (although that’s more Aub’s favorite than mine).

Asos is a powerhouse for dresses – use the weapon wisely my friends.

I sent her several options but we both agreed this was the best option:

This dress is $94 on Asos website - but I suggested she rewear it for New Years Eve this year, to get a little more bang for her buck. : ]

If you've got an event coming up and you want my input I may be up for the challenge. Stay in touch - I love to talk clothes.

Love,
B

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Nice work! That dress is divine!

Unknown said...

I would love your help in finding good skinny jeans and boots. I am curvy for my size and am short, so jeans tend to fit akwardly and boots are always too tall!