Thursday, December 30, 2010

Checking in from Indiana.

Well for those of you who know me well, you've probably been a little worried about me and my long trip to Indiana. Indiana has certainly never been a place I've loved and calling it home would be a huge stretch. But I'm happy to report, all is well in the midwest. It's cold and gray here as I'm sure you'd expect but I'm hanging tough in my sweatpants and Ugg boots.

While Indiana doesn't rank in the top 25 states I'd ever live in (again) - being with my family makes it work coming back here. When I left 2.5 years ago I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to happily set foot here again but being with the people you love really does make a world of difference.

Lucky for me, my sister Rae and my bro-in-law Bres got stuck here an extra day so that gave us an extra day to be together. What made that extra special was it was the day of Dad's game in Oakland so we got to cheer him on, from 'home' together. I loved that. Even though I may have put back on the 60 lbs I lost eating football food in front of the TV.

I'm realizing more and more lately how blessed I am to have all four of my grandparents still. What a wealth of knowledge (and funny stories about my parents) they are. I sat with my gpa (Dad's side) the other morning drinking coffee and asking him questions about my aunt who I hardly know (I haven't seen her since I was 5) and my Dad as a kid (he was a real trip it sounds like). It's fun hearing about my family before I was part of it. Family is a huge part of my life as you all know if you've been here for any extent of time.

I find that I'm getting a little overly sentimental in my ripe old age of 25. My Dad came home the other day and announced he had something for me. You'll never (and I mean never) guess what it was...

Vitamin! I know. Giggle all you want. Dad brought me a thing of 1000 vitamins because I take the same kind he does and he knows it saves me money when he stocks me up. So for the next 3 years, I'm good to go. Really about 5 because I already had a pretty deep stash. But he was so excited to give them to me - knowing it would save me a few bucks. And I was touched. He has such a busy, crazy, demanding job that when he takes a time out and thinks of the smallest gesture that would make MY life easier, it really touches me. He is a special man and an incredible Dad.

So, stop your worrying, I'm surviving Indiana with some fun, grace, and 1000 vitamins. I will welcome the Florida sunshine and NOT sharing a bed when I return however.

Love,
B

No comments: