Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holidays.

Planning ahead is my thing. I love to plan, prepare, and be organized. So naturally, I like to get a jump on the holidays. I book my Christmas flights in August. I start my shopping by September. I make my Christmas wish list, which is organized by item, price, color, and has print screen pictures for my Mom by November. I don't do this because I have to, I do it because I LOVE the holidays and this is my weird way of showing it.

This year I have a new challenge to tackle with the holidays...

I'm in this great groove with my healthy eating, exercise, and weight loss - so what happens over the holidays? You know me, I'm not missing out on the chance to go to parties and celebrate this amazing time of year. But being surrounded by baked goods and not losing my stride is going to require some discipline and self control.

Being diligent with my exercise is going to be key. When I've given my all at a workout, I don't want to kill it by eating back all the calories I burn. So that's big. Staying with my 6 day a week workouts.

What else?

One thing that works for me with when I go out with friends, I never go hungry. If I'm hungry I'm way more likely to overeat AND to eat things I would normally avoid. Can't be doing that.

Above those, I'm taking suggestions. How do you stay on track with your health related goals over the holidays?

Love,
B

1 comment:

bekah brinkley said...

Whenever I go out to eat, I always take a container or ask for a to-go box right away. I put half in the container and eat the other half. Otherwise, I end up grazing and eat the whole meal, which is ALWAYS too much.