Sunday, December 19, 2010

Community.

It would be a cop-out to say that blogging has been the community I've connected with most in 2010 wouldn't it? Blast, cop-out it is. But the truth is I've connected more with the online community of blogger in 2010 than ever before. But in the spirit of really taking these prompts and running with them, I'll say twitter for this one.

I've moved from being a facebook addicted to be a tweeter crazy this year. I love the community of twitter because you interact with your 'followers' who you may or may not actually know in real life, regularly. I love the interaction without giving them full access to 600 pictures of me, my family, and friends. Twitter lets you be as anon as you'd like or as personal, giving you the chance to get to know people without giving them an excessive amount of stalking tools at their disposal.

Within the twitter community I've had fun 'tweetin' at some other people who are into fitness and weight loss. It's neat to see their successes and be able to offer some encouragement when they have a bad week. I've learned a lot from the advice they've given me. And it's provided me some accountability while I meet my goals.

I'm not ready to say goodbye to facebook just yet, but Twitter is fast becoming my favorite social network.

Love,
B

No comments: