Friday, December 10, 2010

Seeking Your Wise Council.

In 2011 I want to make a challenging but acheiveable goal for each month of the year, to make sure that my end of 2010/beginning of 2011 motivation stays strong year round. I need some good ideas!

In January, I will jog my first 5k. For someone who started 2010 severely overweight, has recently dropped almost 60lbs, and has a little ways to go to reach my ideal weight, 2011 is going to be less about weight loss and more about fitness. So I'm starting it off right and running in my first race (though the challenge for me is just to be able to jog the whole thing). Mark Jan 15th on your calenders friends, I'm gonna do it. St Pete Beach here I come.

What are some other good goals I can do in a month (even if I have to work several months to reach it)? I know I want to have another reading challenge. And I probably need a writing one in there (like finish the first 5 Chapters of my book I'm writing). Etc. But you all know me well from being able to read so much of my life here, so I want your input! I will take all serious suggestions into consideration. : ] If you're willing to do what you suggest with me, that will make it more likely as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Love,
B

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I have a blog goal for you! I would love to see you participate in http://www.reverb10.com/. I know you would have amazing things to share. I would enjoy reading it!

courtney Meadows said...

i love reading your blog, too, becca! what about cooking?

Anonymous said...

Take a picture and post it on here each day! Doesn't matter what it is, but it will surely spark some creativity and/or laughter...plus think about how fun it would be to look back on all of them at the beginning of next year!

Meghan said...

Hmm, good question! I love the fitness goals. What about trying a new hobby? Cooking a certain amount of healthy meals?

Anonymous said...

you could always do one of those 30 day things where you try a new way of eating or whatever. like a 30 days of vegetarianism or veganism or raw foodism, or giving up sugar/bad food, etc.

You can also do one of those challenges (and I'd join you!) where you only wear like 10 items (not including accessories) for the month- so you learn how to be versatile with your wardrobe. I'll find the link and send it to you so you can see.

perhaps you can also challenge yourself to learn one new thing every month, like a particular time in history, or a new religion, or political affiliation, or politics of another country- something like that.

Learn a new skill- like photography, photoshop, web editing, martial arts, musical instruments, etc.

That's all I've got!

Paige said...

These are all such great ideas I may have to snatch a few of them to try myself.
Here's one for Jan. though, Do one of the Fasts Jentezen Franklin talks about http://www.jentezenfranklin.org/fasting/typesoffasts.php
I did the Daniel Fast last January and it was amazing all that God did.
Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see all God does in your life in 2011!
Sincerely,
Paige

Elisa said...

The Bible in start to finish in 90 days! I was inspired to do it and LOVED it - Such fresh perspective! And if I can do it as a homeschooling mother of four who doesn't consider herself a reader, you can definitely do it!